- All fighters are allowed a maximum of three (3) cornermen or trainers at
cage-ringside while the bout is in progress.
- ALL CORNERMEN are required to STAY in their fighter's corner (outside the
ring or cage, of course) while the match is in progress.
- For the SAFETY of the Ringside Officials and Fans: IF a fighter's trainer
or cornerman leaves his/her corner area and goes directly ringside or cage side
where the two fighters are grappling that is not their corner area to coach
their fighter, the referee shall stop the bout and make one of the following
- Warn the Coaching Corner to Stay in his/her Corner.
- Deduct one (1) point from the fighter whose cornerman left their corner.
- End the round, awarding the entire round to the opposite fighter.
- End the bout, awarding the entire bout to the opposite fighter.
- Such cornermen shall only be APPROVED cornermen by the ISCF.
- Cornermen shall stay OFF the cage-ring floor/canvas etc., while the bout is
in progress. NO LEANING ON THE RING OR CAGE!
- During the round breaks, only one cornerman is allowed in the ring
while the other two can stand outside the ring ropes on the outside edge of the
ring or on the floor. If the bout takes place in a cage, TWO cornermen
are allowed in the cage area designated for such coaches to attend to that
- Cornermen must obey the referee at all times during the match.
- Cornermen must conduct themselves with appropriate and proper sportsmanship
in all ways connected with the match.
- Cornermen may spray (not pour) water and apply ice to a fighter between
rounds. No other substances may be applied between rounds, and the cornermen are
responsible to dry the corner area before the next round commences.
- Violation of the rules by corner personnel can result in warnings, point
deductions, and/or disqualification of that corner's fighter.
FINES & SUSPENSIONS: ALL Trainers
and Cornermen working on an ISCF
Sanctioned event must conduct themselves with appropriate and proper respect to
ALL ISCF Ring Officials. Any "Unacceptable
and Unjustified" rude or disrespectful behavior of ANY kind occurs by a
Cornerman or Trainer working an ISCF event
the result of such action will be a minimum fine of $250.00 up to $2,500.00. In
addition, if such a violation occurs, the ISCF
has the right to suspend the Trainer or Cornerman from working as a cornerman
for up to 12 months in ANY MMA event worldwide. If such a suspension is given
and the Trainer or Cornerman continues to work a fighters corner while under
suspension, they will be banned from any role on any future ISCF event indefinitely as a Trainer or Cornerman as
well as a fighter.