Many here know that when it comes to responsibility beyond ISCF President Steve Fossum (Right)
and the in house ISCF staff, Steve
Crawford's (Left) name comes to mind. Crawford has worked
with the ISCF since 2003 and year by year
has become a more important part of the organization from fresh ideas to the
growth of the ISCF itself. During that
time he has went from an associated trainer and promoter to right hand man to
Fossum. With so much effort on his part to grow the ISCF as well as the sport of MMA itself, it comes as
no big surprise that earlier today, ISCF
President Steve Fossum appointed Crawford as the new Vice
President of the ISCF.
This is Crawford's second VP appointment associated
with the parent company International Fight Sports (IFS). -
www.IFfightSports.com - IFC
President and CEO Steve Fossum appointed Crawford last year to
Vice President of the newly formed International Battle League - IBL - www.IBLFights.com
- an MMA team fight league Crawford helped develope with Fossum.
Crawford's duties and responsibilities will pretty much
stay the same. The obvious change will be in his role with the ISCF in making important decisions. Over the years
Fossum has be getting more and more busy with the growth of the ISCF and this past year, the other top organization
under the IFS
Kickboxing Federation, IKF - www.IKFKickboxing.com has also
shown strong growth both here in north America and in Europe and Asia.
Crawford's most recent work was in organizing the new
ISCF Grappling Division with Fossum.
The new division of the ISCF will provide
yet another platform for up and coming martial artists to test their skills as
grapplers, sanctioned by the ISCF
Crawford's titles are many. Along with being a proud
father and husband who shares his passion for MMA with wife Patty, (Who
is also an ISCF Certified Official) he
is the owner and operator of Crawfords MMA.
However, his work does not stop there and neither do his
titles. He is the Chief Inspector of MMA for the Kansas Boxing Commission as
well as being the chief ISCF Certification
Instructor for all ISCF certified
officials worldwide. The Founder of
American Jujitsu and 7th Dan has an impressive resume to go
along with his work in the ISCF. For those
wondering what VP Crawford has accomplished, take some time to read
"This was an easy decision for me and the ISCF as a whole." Said Fossum. "Steve's
work ethic and dedication to MMA, not to mention his passion for everything
about the sport makes this a good move for everyone associated with the ISCF. He's a leader we are all proud to be
Just a few of Mr.
Crawford's accomplishments in the Martial Arts.
- Student enrollment increased from 3 to over 100
- Won 4 Gold Medals and 1 Bronze Medal, in the Ken Shamrock North American
Pan Am Games in San Diego, CA.
- Trainer of the Iowa State Heavyweight Cage Fighting Champion, Brad Jones.
- Students earned 50+ Gold Medals in USA Pankration Federation.
- Coach and Trainer of Champion in the 2nd Annual Black Out or Tap Out 140
lbs. Division, Travis Phippen.
- Coach and Trainer of 3rd place winner in Abu Dhabi trials Championships.
- Coach, Trainer and Manager of Curtis Stout, competitor of UFC 30.
- 19761978: Marlboro Community Judo Club, Kansas City, MO
- 1976: Marlboro 160 lbs. Midwest Judo Champion,
- 1977: Marlboro 172 lbs. Midwest Judo Champion
- 1978: Marlboro 180 lbs. Midwest Judo 2nd Place
- 1978 1980: Midwest Aikido Federation, Kansas City, MO
- Received the Instructor's outstanding Student award two years in a row.
- 1985 Present: Shorinji ryu JuJutsu, Kansas City, KS
- Expanded Shorinji ryu JuJutsu to the Midwest
- Promoted to 5th Dan on 5/2/02 by Grandmaster Ken Penland
- Implemented training course for new school
- 1994 Present: I.K.C.A. Association, Seals Beach, CA
- Received 1st Dan in Kenpo, by Grandmaster Chuck Sullivan.
- Opened Crawford's I.K.C.A. Kenpo Karate school.
- Tested and oversaw the development of the 1996 version of the Kenpo
- 1995: Founded American Ju-Jitsu.
- 1998: International Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Federation Chicago, IL
- Promoted to Certified Self Defense Instructor Under Carlson Gracie, Jr.
- 1999: Malibu Martial Arts Association, Malibu, CA
- Promoted to Rank of Shodan, 1st Degree Black Belt Combat JuJitsu By Master
- Kansas Affiliated School and Instructor
- Promoted to Rank of Shodan, JuJitsu by Grandmaster Philip Porter.
- Inducted into the 2002 Hall of Fame.
- 2000: Coached and Trained 2 Gold Medals and 1 Silver Medal winners in the
Nationals in Athens, Greece.
- 2000: Inducted into the Pankration Hall of Fame.
- 2001: Seven affiliated schools, Opened 3 new schools, Missouri, Colorado,
- 2001: Curtis Stout will fight for the Lightweight Hook-n-Shoot Title.
- 2001: Coached the first tag team Submission Grappling Champions, Brad Jones
and Jobe Duran (Evansville, Ind.).
- 2002: Inducted into the U.S.M.A.A. Hall of Fame.
- 2002: Is working with Mr. Walt Justice 6 Dan, IKKO. Running an after school
program for the Kansas City, Kansas school district. (Wyandotte).
- 2002: Mr. Crawford, Mr. Walt Justice and Mr. Shawn Monday will form a new
System, American Mixed Martial Arts System's.
- 2002: Promoted to Shodan in the art of To-Shin Do, By Grandmaster Stephen
K. Hayes and 4th Dan Tom Maienza.
- 2006: ISCF World Representative,
International Sport Combat Federation
- World Representative
- Fight Card Coordinator
- Official Certification Course Instructor
- 2007: New Schools, American Jujitsu New School
- Phil Jones, AJJ (House of Pain), Missouri
- John Cornett & Rob Kimmons, AJJ (Xtreme Couture) Missouri
- Roger Partridge, AJJ (Mid Mo Fight Club), Missouri
- Chris Henning, AJJ (Henning's AJJ) Kansas.
- 2008: IBL, International Battle
- 2009: Appointed Vice President of the ISCF,
International Sport Combat Federation.